This school was initially started near the Historic Gangtey Goenpa in 1979. The very next year with the contribution from the community a new school was built on the heart of the Phobjikha Valley and continued to provide primary education for decades to hundreds of students in and around the place. However, as the school fell on the winter roosting area of the endangered Black necked cane there was pressure on the community and the ministry for relocating the school. Subsequently, with the generous grant from JICA the school was relocated and upgraded to the present location as Middle secondary school. The first batch of class ten students will be graduating in December 2014.
MISSION AND VISION
Endeavoring Educational Excellence
To provide learning experiences to students through active participation.
To produce meaningful, competent and value induced future citizens of the country.
To instill and infuse GNH based learning.
To enhance professional development of teacher’s expectations of the educational needs.
- 1. To produce professionally competent, motivated & committed teachers through Professional Development Programme.
- 2. Improve student's academic standard and performance.
- 3. To facilitate child friendly school environment.
- 4. Produce emotionally stable, morally upright, social, patriotic, physically fit students.
- 5. To integrate information technology in teaching learning process.
- 6. Improve and strengthen SLMSS.
- 7. Enhance students' participation in co-curricular activities.
- 8. Improve students' welfare facilities / Student Support Services
- Promote dignity of labour.